DataCore is a core investment vehicle actively investing in or owning technology-advantaged real estate in the United States, including data centers, carrier hotels, corporate campuses for technology tenants, and life science properties, located in primary markets and leased to industry leading tenants. Recognizing the immense "flight to quality" in the wake of the global financial crisis, GI Partners proposed to CalSTRS an opportunity to acquire technology-advantaged properties that had long been overlooked by traditional real estate investors. In 2012, CalSTRS and GI Partners commenced the program and to date, GI Partners has invested in over 3 million square feet of core technology-advantaged real estate for DataCore.
- Initial Investment Date: November 2012
- Status: Current
- GI Role: Investor, Operator
Real Estate Initiatives
- Operational orientation calibrated to investment objectives
- Effective management of capital structure
- Active asset and platform management