STAG Industrial is a real estate investment company that owns and operates single-tenant industrial properties that are mission critical to its in-place tenants, such as core manufacturing or distribution facilities. The profile of the properties has historically generated higher risk-adjusted investment yields for STAG due to market inefficiencies and credit misperceptions in the company’s target markets. GI partnered with the STAG management team on various strategic real estate initiatives and took the company public in April 2011.
- Initial Investment Date: July 2010 to April 2014
- Status: Realized
- GI Role: Sole Investor
Real Estate Initiatives
- Operational orientation calibrated to investment objectives
- Effective management of capital structure
- Active platform management
- Recruitment and retention of exceptional real estate talent
GI Partners completed the sale of its public holdings in STAG in April 2014.